The MXL 770 Recording BundleÂ offers many solutions for various audio services such as the condenser, ribbon and dynamic microphone solutions for the studio, podcasting, USB, and field recording.
MXL was founded in 2000 and is currently one of the leading manufacturers in the professional audio devices industry. It’s a company based in California, USA. It designs and builds a range of different products forÂ musicÂ recording, broadcast, post-production, and live sound markets.
The MXL 770 Professional Studio Condenser Mic Recording Bundle is known to record amazing quality vocal performances. The Bundle was first launched in August 2013 and has had fantastic reviews on Amazon so far.
This recording bundle comes with many different features that make it an excellent product for beginners. It weighs 10 pounds and measures 40â³ x 10â³ x 10â³. The entire bundle is available in a sleek black color.
The product comes complete with a small MXLÂ 770 diaphragm condenser microphoneÂ (also containing a shock mount and carrying case), one tripod mic stands with a fixed-length boom to securely mount and position the MXL 770, one pop filter to reduce vocal âpoppingâ noises, and one 20 ft. XLR microphone cable to connect the MXL 770 to a recording or mixing device.
The frequency range is 30 Hz to 20 kHz. The signal to noise ratio is 74 dBA, and the equivalent noise level is 20 dBA. The maximum SPL is 137 dB SPL 0.5% and has an impedance of 150 ohms. The sensitivity rate is 15mV/Pa.
TheÂ microphoneÂ has a multipurpose, small diaphragm. The sound is crisp and warm with clarity. There is also a FET preamp with a transformerless output. This ensures less noise and a high output gain. TheÂ recordingÂ bundle can perform well with different instruments such as pianos and guitars.
The MXL 70 has a flat frequency response which is perfect for distinct vocals production. It also has a cardioid polar pattern that reduces the off-side audio and decreases unwanted feedback.
- Users have praised this recording bundle for having no echo problems. The quality is excellent and pure, and the sound is completely natural.
- The mic in the recording bundle does not pick up any extraneous sounds. Background noise is kept to an absolute minimum so that listeners experience a crisp and clear sound.
- The product comes with a one-year warranty. The Sonic Sense one-year warranty adds one more year to the manufacturerâs warranty.
- It is an ideal product for beginners as all the devices provided are extremely user-friendly. The economical price is also attractive for new musicians who want good quality products at a lower price.
- The microphone is especially a smart choice for beginners who want a quality condenser mic that will not damage the bank.
- The shock mount case that it comes in makes it portable and easier to carry while traveling.
- Many customers have claimed to receive low-quality products (except for the shock mount and cable).
- Some users also claimed that the XLR microphone cable had to be purchased separately as they did not receive it in the original package and it gives a better sound experience. Luckily enough, this cable is not too costly and is available easily at any audio store.
- Some users have complained about hearing a certain hissing sound while the audio is being played. However, the company has managed to cover it up in a subtle way.
- When the mic is folded, the size is still quite long. This may cause some storage problems but can be overcome by arranging a space for the entire recording bundle.
MXL 770 Review â Wrap-up
The product is one of the best for voiceover jobs. A customer previously kept an audition for a voice over job using the MXL 770. It is useful for personal recording projects as well and can be easily employed in homes because of its user-friendliness. The entire set has a very professional look and feel.
This feature helps it cater to all types of musicians, ranging from beginners to advanced musicians. It is also ideal for Single and multi-voice recordings. The microphoneâs bass response is outstanding, and the option of adding a high pass filter makes the recording of a crystal clear track so simple.